Thursday, December 31, 2009

Over thirties single women advice please?

I'm going to be 30 soon and I'm single (after having long term relationships in my 20's).


All my friends are either in long term relationships/getting married/having children and they're great but when we see each other, they constantly ask if I've met someone and look disappointed or seem to pity me when I say no. One of my friends even told me I shouldn't be so picky, which hurt as the truth is there really hasn't been anyone. They say they're glad they will still be young when their children are older.


It feels really lonely sometimes, not because I don't have someone special but because we don't seem to connect anymore. I'm happy for them %26amp; would love to have that too but my view is that you can't chose when you fall in love with someone and at what time? I don't want to be with someone for the sake of it. I'd like to travel, try new things. From being quite positive and happy go lucky, I'm starting to panic.Maybe, my priorities are wrong?Please help, any advice would be great xOver thirties single women advice please?
I'm 31 and have been in two long term relationships so far. A year ago (for a variety of reasons) i split up with my other half and have been single since (had a few brief dates but nothing serious). It takes a wee while to get used to being on your own, but i absolutely LOVE it now, honestly! It's great to be able to do your own thing, please yourself, be selfish and not feel guilty etc. There's nothing worse than two stressed out tired people living together. I enjoy being single and have a great social life, loads of friends and time for hobbies etc that i never had (or was allowed to have) before. My family do ask me a lot of times if i've not met anyone yet, and some of the people i work with do the same. Just bloody ignore them. Tell them you're happy the way you are and it's really none of their business. Enjoy your life and just let things happen. As i said, i honestly was under more stress and was more miserable when i was in relationships than i am now being single - it's great and i love it. Ignore all the others questioning you. There's no rule that you should be married with kids by the time you're 30. I personally couldn't think of anything worse!!!!! Have fun and live your life the way YOU want to xxxOver thirties single women advice please?
'I'd like to travel, try new things' - so travel, get away, do new stuff, meet some people who think like you do and start enjoying life again - then you may well meet someone, when you're happy and feeling good about yourself. You're right, we can't plan when these things will happen so go and do what you want to do and don't let your friends get you hung up on the wrong things.
I'm 46 and single, never married. But I think the time is soon coming when I may decide, one day, to settle down. In the meantime, I have friends, and I take each day as it comes.
if you cant find someone then try to pick up different hobbies and surround yourself with different atmostphere and im sure youll find someone.





gl
dont worry..me also still single and no house, i got nothing and i manage to settle my debt by this month and later i am free.from debt.then i can my life back.u will find some one too.in fact i am 30 as well.be happy little girl.
Don't worry, I look at all my shacked-up friends and think 'poor you'... I'm not in the market to be doing all that again, I've got stuff like my career to sort out... And I agree, I feel lonely sometimes but I'd rather be alone than unhappy (as the song goes). I figure it'll come when the time is right!





You know, I was talking to my neighbour and her partner the other day, and I was telling them about finishing my degree. The partner piped up, ';Oh, you'll be on the look-out for a nice man then now, won't you?'; Yes, of course, I've just spent several years and thousands of pounds just to get shacked up!!! Duh *slap*
no i think you have the right attitude. im in exactly the same situation. enjoy life while you can, theres still plenty of time to settle down. my guess is your friends are actually quite jealous of you
what u should said is the natural cycle of life for the single people, its normal to see a girl who is single and her friends who are married or in a long relationship stay away from her for two simple reasons 1) because they dont want u to be a chance for there husbands or boy friends not because they dont trust u but they dont trust the guys they knows.2) they want ur life they dont want to be commted to one person and this is human nature. so dont be upset u will find the right person at the right time and u will get all u need from love trust me God created for everyone his second part so dont be upset to be 30. just ask ur self a question didnt u had fun in the past 30 years ? dont worry u will find him maybe beside u but u dont see him


i hope u find what u looking for :) and i wish u all the luck in the whole world :)
No, your priorities are in the right place. I felt pressured by others to be married in my late 20s and married someone I wasn't in love with, then out of desperation married another man I wasn't in love with that adored me. That failed too. If you are happy and positive and happy go lucky, I think that's great. Just be you, and if true love comes your way, so much the better.
I don't know if you want any advice from an over 30s single guy so stop reading here if you don't!! But...... I think you sound like you have your priorities well sorted. They are your own after all, and doing what YOU like should always be one of your top priorities!


The married ones are probably a little bit jealous! Go travelling. Everyone should at least try it before they lay roots anyway..
Your friends are doing what suits them , without consulting you, therefore you do what suits you, having a family later on in life can have its advantages, you have more time to spend with them , more understanding, what is for you wont pass you by, email me if you fancy a chat I had my daughter at just passed 30yrs and I have never looked back at twenty or there abouts would not have been for me Good Luck
don't panic, things happen at a different pace for each person.....you're doing pretty well, so just enjoy your life =)
hey gurl when you in a relationship and at that stage thats what they do is hang out with other people doing the same thing having kids and all but that doesnt mean you have to find someone and you not missing out you are lucky so go travel enjoy yourself.Im in nz and look after a hoilday park and drive boats to take trampers up tracks and have a few contacts here so if you want a hoilday let me know.k. kiwi_nz61@hotmail.com
I'm 34 - nearly 35 and single. Enjoy it! You by definition are the person most feared (by women) and the most desired (by men) possible and you can do whatever you like! Travel wherever you want; on a smaller scale enjoy being able to watch whatever you want on TV and go to bed whenever you feel like it! Be as choosy as you like - many others have not and been stuck with their first choice whether they like it or not - at least if you pick up a bad one you never have to see them again! Think yourself lucky - you really are!
I'm well over 30, have never been married or had children but I have loved and been loved. I relate to what your'e saying and have had that look of pity from friends but now, some of them openly admit how they envy my lifestyle. I have no major commitments but I do have the love of good friendship and my conversation tends to be far broader than what model washing machine I prefer (no offense).


Like you, I never ruled those things out, and still don't but I certainly am not a loser in this. I have freedom and time and they are invaluable. If its meant to be then it'll happen. Don't start dropping your standards, you would only later regret it. Be you, and enjoy others for who they are and they will cherish you for it.
If you lead a full life I expect they are simply jealous!





I found myself single at 32 with 2 kids and had the best few years of my life freed from the shackles of a terrible marriage and mundane domesticity. All the while I was married I envied my single friends so look at it as sour grapes. I wish I'd waited until I was in my 30's to settle down. Although I wouldnt be without my kids even though their father is a complete w@nker.





I met the man of my dreams and we have been happy for the last 6 years. Its great. You know who you are and what you want from life in your 30's and are less likely to be swept of your feet by someone completely unsuitable for you.





You go girl. Live life to the full and it will all fall into place.
  • becca
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment