Sunday, December 27, 2009

I need advice on a good book series to read for smart women?

My friends and I are interested in reading a good series of books together. We are ladies in our mid-late 20's. We would read the Sookie Stackhouse Chronicles but we don't want to ruin True Blood for ourselves.





This is our criteria: sexy, well-written, geared toward a female audience.





Does anyone have any suggestions?I need advice on a good book series to read for smart women?
Aisling Grey series by Katie McAllister, first one is You Slay Me





Women of the Otherworld by Kelley Armstrong, first one is Bitten.I need advice on a good book series to read for smart women?
Kind of what I'd describe as as corset busters and not totally historically accurate but really fun. Meets all your criteria


The Tudor series


The Other Boleyn Girl (2001)


The Queen's Fool (2003)


The Virgin's Lover (2004)


The Constant Princess (2005)


The Boleyn Inheritance (2006)


The Other Queen (2008)





On her website, Philippa Gregory says she does not write her Tudor series books in order. Read chronologically:





The Constant Princess (Katherine of Aragon)


The Other Boleyn Girl (Mary and Anne Boleyn)


The Boleyn Inheritance (Jane Boleyn, Anne of Cleves and Katherine Howard)


The Queen's Fool (A young Jewish girl's story of her service in the court of Edward VI, Mary I and Elizabeth I)


The Virgin鈥檚 Lover (Elizabeth I)


The Other Queen (Mary I, Queen of Scots)
The Luxe by Anna Godbersen.


They take place in the late 1800's - early 1900's and and follow the rich and famous throughout their scandalous lives. A VERY good page-turner!


There are 3 books right now; The Luxe, Rumors, and Envy


The fourth, Splendor, is to premiere this fall.


Happy reading!
Harry Potter series, or James Patterson books.

No comments:

Post a Comment