Thursday, December 31, 2009

I need some advice from the women. What is your read of the situation?

I need help from the adult ladies out there, it would be greatly appreciated. I need to know how to read this situation so I don’t make an a** of myself tomorrow (I’m 30, and this girl is 34, neither of us have ever been married). I went out with this girl twice, the last time was a year and a half ago. The first time we went out things went ok and we made plans to go out again. Then one of her longtime friends got in the way and they began seeing each other. She lives one hour away from me so it would have been a long distance relationship. She broke up with him a few months later. We went out again shortly thereafter. I went to see her. At the end of the date, she said that she would have to come down to see me next time. she had indicated previously that the distance turns her off because she has to drive 45 minutes everyday to work and that was what was precluding her from starting a relationship with me.. It’s really complicated, but like an idiot I never asked her down because I kept coming back to the “she doesn’t like the distance thing so she isn’t really interested”. I didn’t want to have to deal with the rejection because she is an awesome girl and I could have seen myself falling hard for her and then end up hurt. If I missed my chance with her I’ll never forgive myself. Here’s the thing. We’ve kept in touch consistently for the last year and a half and email nearly daily (sometimes to the point of excessive since we are both at work!). Sometimes about absolutely nothing at all, but other times about life and what’s happening in each of our lives. Over this time I’ve begun to realize that I have some serious feelings for her, like she might be THE ONE. Back in January I realized this and I asked her out to lunch but she said that she had started seeing someone and “didn’t think it would be fair for all of us involved” to get together. So we went on like usual. I casually mentioned to her about a month ago that I had started seeing somebody (I’m not anymore but she doesn’t know that), and she immediately responded by suggesting that we needed to get together sometime. She is planning on coming down to my town to do some shopping and wanted to get together with me afterwards. Today, she mentioned that she’d like to switch up the schedule though, that she wants to see me first then do the shopping later. Can you give me your interpretation of the situation? Am I in the dreaded “friend zone” or is there a chance she is waiting to see my reaction and if I still have interest? I need the female perspective. Thanks in advance for your help, I am an absolutely pathetic mess.I need some advice from the women. What is your read of the situation?
I'm 30. Sounds like you are in the ';friend zone';. 45 minutes is not that big of a deal to drive. When I was all into a guy, I would drive 3 hours! When you really fall for someone, you do things that you normally wouldn't do and it sounds like she's just making excuses to not get with you and just wants something to do.





You may be into her, but you will find someone else! Throw that Tuna back in the sea and so fishing for some Salmon.I need some advice from the women. What is your read of the situation?
She's definitely trying to see what's going on. However, she doesn't seem that into you. It's like she finds whatever reason to keep you at arms length, and because of that, you should talk to her and lay it out there, but also be ready to scrap the whole relationship because there is a chance you may not hear what you want.
I dunno but lifes too short to waste time pussy footin around. Do you really want to know where you stand with this girl or not?Truthfully distance shouldn't be a serious issue if she's really into you. If her feelings were strong she'd jump through hoops to get to spend time with you. She'd also have offered to meet you half way (driving wise) a while ago.You two could have and still could meet each other once a week for dinner after work again driving somewhere halfway for the two of you.When you've met Mr or Ms Right distance is the least of your obstacles especially since it's only an hour away. People that are used to living in large metropolitian areas perception of an hours driving time is like, it's nothing to sweat about, no big deal.I'm not sure why she all the sudden decided that she had a sudden craving to see you except that you seem more appealing now that she thinks someone else is interested in you.Annoying huh? Just put your cards on the table ,and make her do it too.This way you're not wasting each others time especially if she really does only want to be your friend.Who knows how many countless other wonderful girls are out there just waiting for a chance to go out with you.You have to think like that and not put your eggs all in one basket with this girl just in case.She may not know how she feels about you but she'll have a chance to prove it when you come up with different options for her. If she keeps coming up with excuses let it go and move on.Ok?Good luck.
awww, You seem like a really sweet guy. I read your ';entire'; story and I think she wants to see if your still interested. The fact that she wants to meet before shopping says a lot. Plan something nice and make her wish she could be treated this way everyday. She'll make that drive!





Good Luck
Oh boy!! Maybe she wants to get together - and see how it goes- do it- is there a chance you can move or her move- I lnow that driving can be a pain- but you won't know unless you try-sounds like she is interested- esp when she heard someone else is in you- D

No comments:

Post a Comment