Friday, April 30, 2010

Ladies, women!!! Advice please!? Did I do the right thing? Would she have stopped me?

Ok, so there's this girl I work with who's back in town for the summer til she goes back to college. She has a boyfriend back @ school and all, but she seems to like me. Shes always giving me these long, tight kinda ';more than just friends'; hugs and I make her laugh, so i think she kinda likes me. But people can be misleading so I haven't really jump to conclusions. Long story short, we went on a ';date'; to the movies and I was kinda confused, because on one hand she talked a lot about her boyfriend, how she cleans for him, washes his clothes, tell him everywhere she goes...and so on. It seems like she really likes him and respects him a lot. But on the other hand, at the movies i had my arm around her the whole time, i was massaging her hands, arms and stuff like that.She didn't stop me at all, and actually, moved in closer.( her arm was in my lab and our faces were almost touching) So, after the movies we're in my car and she tells me she didn't really feel like going home just yet. She wasn't really hungry and it was around midnight so there wasn't much really to do. Her parents were home and so were mine. So we sat and my car and talked...about, well, everything.( college life, how she was worried about her make up, sex, etc.) I had her laughing the whole time of course, but i did notice she seemed slightly nervous the way she was sitting and the fact that she was talking a mile a minute. So eventually, i took her home and she gave me another one of those long hugs again. the thought to kiss her crossed my mind but I played it safe. When i got home, she sent me a text wishing me goodnight saying she had a great time and we should hang out again sometime. It was weird, though because I kinda had this feeling like she wanted me to make a move, and she seemed to be sending ';signs'; all night but I held back because: 1) she had a boyfriend 2) I work with this girl, and if i would've made a move and offended her, it would make for an unpleasant work environment 3) some people are flirty so naturally they are misleadng. So did I do the right thing by playing it safe or should I have just ';went for it';?Ladies, women!!! Advice please!? Did I do the right thing? Would she have stopped me?
ok first of all why are you flirting with a girl who has a boyfriend, I dont think you should even be with her because if you were to be her boyfriend eventually she will do the same thing back to you. Its just kind of wrong to go on a ';date'; with someone when your already in a relationship. it just starts ALOT of drama and it shows SHE DOESNT have any respect for her boyfriend, if she did she would have stopped you...Ladies, women!!! Advice please!? Did I do the right thing? Would she have stopped me?
i think you did the right thing


I also think that she likes you but because she has a boyfriend she is holding back
You def did the right thing. Keep it up
yes
you did the right thing...u dont wanna creep her out
I think you did the right thing. You could have started a lot of problems with her and her boyfriend if you made a move. Maybe, though, you shouldn't have taken it as far as you did. Putting your arm around her, sitting and talking to her, and flirting when you knew she had a boyfriend might not have been in your best interest. Over all I think you knew when enough was enough. Good job!
Well, she did like you obviously, but the act that she has a boyfriend and either of you making a move is a big no-no. It isn't fair to you or the BF. You should talk to each other and figure things out.
I think you did the right thing by holding back, and the reasons you listed are perfect reasons why. She may have been 'telling' you about her boyfriend and how she does all these things for him because she wanted to let you know that she is a good and useful girlfriend, and that she would do the 'same things' for you. HOWEVER...the fact that she is acting this way with you when she has a boyfriend, despite the fact she may like you or not, means she would probably do the same exact thing to you with another guy later on. She might just be getting a kick out of the attention, but you need to maybe have a chat with her about her intentions. Just throw it in a casual face to face convo, such as ';what do you want from me'; or ';what are your intentions';. Just be careful. She may be a big flirt, yes, but for having a boyfriend she was awful 'friendly'! Good luck!
It definitly sounds like she likes you but be warned! She could be one of two types of girls; the first is that she's just a massive flirt and is looking for the attention from you. She wants a bit of a chase, to feel desired etc. The second you do make a move on this kinda girl she will act like she's never even thought about you in this way, can't believe you got it so wrong yada yada yada! She'll tell her boyfriend, make him jealous and get his attention instead





The second kinda girl is that she really does like you and wants you to make a move on her. Your both young most relationships at this age dont last long at this age. Herself and the bf could be on the rocks bt she wont break up with him until shen knows she has something to leave him for!





You've been a gentleman to her so far (my girlfriend agrees) bt u need to know where you stand. Clearly you like her, just come out and ask her in a very nonthreatening environment. Her place, or when she's asked you out somewhere. Start a conversation reminding her of all the fun you've been having together, dont put emphasis on the friendship role. More on how compatible you two are, mention private jokes etc. Remind her of how special you are to each other, then tell her how you feel about her. She'll give you an honest response!





Best of luck, hope it goes well!
Yes, you did the right thing, in my opinion you were a gentleman. Congrats, not many of you out there.


Maybe you should talk to here. Tell her what you have just told us here. Find out what it is she wants (if anything)


She maybe just one of those people who have the kind of personality


that like giving hugs to people she likes. For your own peace of mind though, talk to her.
I think you should have held her face in your hands and like leaned in to kiss her but dont, hold back and then if she meets you half way and kisses you, then you've done nothing wrong ;) x
You did the right thing playing it safe. If she wants you, she is the one who should make the move. But I would hope she splits with her boyfriend first! Sometimes it would help if you asked her tricky questions or make a silly joke and see what she says. Example: Some girls or guys play this one, I should know - I've heard it myself ';what would you do if i gave you a sloppy kiss?'; it's silly but its a pick up line for sure but it's also a kiddie Joke. If she gives you a response, then i hope its an answer you'd like! Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment