Friday, January 8, 2010

I need to gain weight and I need Advice on meals/snacks to eat and what protein bars are good for women. I am?

18 5'3 and recovering from anorexia. I am on a 2500-3000 meal plan right nowI need to gain weight and I need Advice on meals/snacks to eat and what protein bars are good for women. I am?
Hey. Im also in recovery from anorexia. Im on a 3000 meal plan too :] Ive been eating a lot of nuts, granola, lean meats, eggs, whey protein shakes. I also have been eating greek yogurt and cheese. Ive been drinking soy milk, and fruit juices instead of water so I can get more calories in. A lot of vegetables sauteed in olive oil. Also a lot of calorie dense fruits like large bananas. I also love a lot of brown rice or sweet or baked potatoes. Wheat pasta is also good. For protein bars you can try Luna bars by Clif. Or Lara bars they are so delicious. I've gained 6 pounds so far :] Good luck.I need to gain weight and I need Advice on meals/snacks to eat and what protein bars are good for women. I am?
I am also in recovery for my eating disorder, so I hope that I can help. Luna bars are great (180 calories each, and they taste very good), and you might also like Kashi GoLean bars (280 calories each), or Clif bars (250 calories each).


If you're having difficulty eating enough calories, you might also want to try Ensure or Boost shakes. If you like smoothies or milkshakes, you could consider making them using milk, ice cream or yogurt and fruit or flavorings.


It will probably be easiest for you to eat calorie-dense foods, and to include a few snacks in your day so that you're not overwhelmed by eating a large plate of food, and instead you're able to split it up throughout the day.


Here are some ideas for meals and snacks:


-avocado dip or hummus with crackers


-bagel with peanut butter


-whole milk yogurt with granola


-trail mix


-oatmeal with milk and dried fruits


-ice cream (not reduced fat or light)


-salmon with stuffing


-sandwich with cheese and meat or vegetable/grilled cheese sandwich


-bean burrito


-omelette with real eggs (don't exclude the yolks), cheese and meat





Hope that some of these ideas helped, and good luck with your recovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment