Friday, January 8, 2010

Advice re finding stock for a plus size fashion shop for women?

I am thinking about setting up a small shop to sell plus size clothes for women and teenagers which are fashionable. Please could you tell me the best way to find suppliers?


ThanksAdvice re finding stock for a plus size fashion shop for women?
I personally think the best thing you can do is visit the wholesale district in either New York City (Garment District) or Los Angeles.





In New York that would be on the west side 6th and 7th Avenue's, between the upper 20's to the lower 30's. You'll find casual clothes, jeans, dressy stuff, jewelry, belts, etc.





You can find out more about LA's Fashion District ( http://www.fashiondistrict.org/ ).





I've been to both and I like New York better.





I would be hesitant about buying clothes wholesale online without seeing them first. Sometimes the material isn't what you expected, or it's flimsy, not well made, etc. Spend the money to meet a few suppliers in person, and you'll save money in the long run.





BTW, you'll see many stores in these areas with signs that say ';wholesale only'; in the window. Some of them may ask for a license. I've never had any problems when I say I don't have a license, if I agree to buy a certain amount of merchandise. Times are hard, and these folks want to make money. If you have cash, they will sell to you.Advice re finding stock for a plus size fashion shop for women?
AlwaysForMe.com has a wholesale program for their swimsuit and cover ups collections. You can email them for an application.





sales@alwaysforme.com
http://therosedress.com/dresses/dresses-pg14.html


I think they offer wholesale options for retailers :)

No comments:

Post a Comment